Watching Spencer Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Spencer's first solids!


Joseph and I decided it was time to introduce Spencer to some rice cereal. So, we propped him up in his cute little seat (don't worry we were going to put the tray on... ), but he looked so cute we had to take a picture. This is how it began clothed, sweet and happy!
After seeing Spence with his clothes on, we thought "he'll probably make raspberries and get the cereal all over himself," So, off came the clothes, just in case.:)
We then put the bib on him, just for double protection (he obviously was not very keen on that idea).

He then changed his mind very quickly and decided it looked like a delicious snack and wanted to eat the bib.
"Hmmm... that's new, what's that?"
"Into the mouth, okay, okay..."

"OH, wait, that's not what I thought it was, I think I'll change my mind, please..!"
"Whew, that was close, lets, uh, not try that again."
"NO, I said, NO!"
"Fine, but I 'm not gonna swallow it!"
"Now, look what you did, you made me all sad!:("

That's basically how the situation ended, not so good. He was so frightened by the whole thing, that when we attempted to put his binky in his mouth, he thought we were trying to feed him again, and started to freak out. Yeah, I guess I am starting to see what they mean by "baby steps." We'll see how his second feeding goes.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hahahaha those pictures are so great! I love the one where he is trying to spit it back out. Cracks me up. He is so chubby and big! How can the time go so fast?! I can just hear your voice narrating the whole thing. And can I just say I think it is so hilarious that he freaked when you guys gave him his binki. LOVE IT!

US