Watching Spencer Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tired, exhausted, worn out, beat, pooped, done in, absolutely ready to crash!


I love my boys, I do. But, I'm exhausted! It's only Tuesday! I want to already label this as the worst week, and I haven't even seen what Wednesday has to offer... frankly, I don't want to see Wednesday. I always hear that phrase, "when at the bottom, there is only one direction from there, and that is up!" I sure hope so. I don't know what it is this week, its like bad luck, or my brain is so fried that I can't think straight. I'm forgetting things left and right. Things I usually am very on top of. I'm not blaming the boys for all my absentmindedness and fatigue, but they sure do expect me to have 3 brains working simultaneously. So, I guess I am.:) Joseph has been studying for months for his graduate school test. I am home all day with Spencer, but when Joseph comes home I have to have dinner ready, so he can utilize as much time as possible for taking his practice tests. So, for the rest of the night I am feeding Spencer, bathing him, cleaning house, all while trying to be quiet. I've been tending Spencer on my own for a little while, and Spencer is not making any part of this temporary situation easier! He is just all over the place. I didn't know child proofing meant quarantining your child and making sure there is no escape. The only plus is that he will take his naps on time and go to bed on time and with no problem. The catch is it has to be his own bed, no where else. So, if I am even a little late on getting back home from an errand, he goes ballistic. Then, I just say goodbye to that nap, cause he's too tired to go down, and I'd rather him play then scream! This has been the case these past few days. Now, I want to scream:)
Well, there's only one thing I can do, and that is HOPE, hope that tomorrow I will be able to grab a hold of my nerves, and hope that I can think a little clearer and hope I can finish all errands before nap time. Hope. Maybe a little prayer to go with it too. Sorry, if you are still reading me venting out. A mother needs it time and again. I'm looking forward to December, when Joseph takes his test, FINALLY, and I can go back to having another parent. It'll be worth it in the end, I just hope I can endure 'til then:)

5 comments:

Audra Laney said...

I am so sorry. :( What a rough week. Today you are half way through! I pray today is a better day for you. You're a great mom!

Jeremy and Heather said...

Good Luck! It would be really hard to have to take care of your little boy all the time with out Joe's help. You can make it thought.

Corrine said...

you'll survive... I know because many other mothers have survived. :) you are dong great... the best part is that you can talk about it and not hold it all in. :)

Unknown said...

Keep up the Good work. Joe's test will be over sooner than you know it.

Angela Brown said...

So sorry. I totally understand how you feel. It can be extremely frustrating, knowing yo are trying your hardest and things just don't work out the way you want. Things will get better, trite as it may sound. Don't feel guilty about letting him play instead of nap, screaming is probably the one thing that drives me over the edge especially after a bad day! You are being a great wife! Joe is lucky. And you know if it gets horrible one day and you are just too tired order pizza or make joe eat cereal! (Sometimes I just say we are on our own tonight I am done. And we eat leftovers or sandwhiches or cereal!) You need a break too so try and get one!
Love ya, if you need anything call.

US