Watching Spencer Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Making a Mountain Out of a Mole Hill

I had my nieces Emma and Aisha over for lunch the other day. I pulled out a pop-up tent that I keep just for them, because I know Aisha loves to play house with it. They wanted Spencer to come inside and play with them,which was tight, since it was very small, but it was very cute anyhow. It was then that I got a crazy idea! The kid that I am inside decided the tent wasn't good enough, we'd have to make a fort! They tried to help with the blankets while I basically set it up with the chairs and our couches. It was actually very fun, and reminded me a lot of when I used to build them in my living room with my siblings. Building forts as a kid is the "awesomest." Plus, its super fun to tear down when you are finished. I didn't get a picture of us doing that, I wish I would have, but I was too busy helping the girls knock it down! I can't wait til' Spencer grows up and wants to make forts in our living room of his own!:)

The three of them inside the small pop-up tent
The huge fort taking up my whole living room!

The girls thought forts were only for boys, so they called it their castle, which makes sense, after all they are Princesses:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun. It looks like Spencer enjoyed it anyhow!!! I remember making forts too what a great childhood memory. Did you always watch movies in the fort. That is what we would do. Put the TV inside the fort and watch a movie.

The Dutsons said...

Yeah, the girls wanted to watch Nemo inside of it too! But, that definitely wasn't going to happen, I don't have a tv small enough to move inside of a fort:) They were really bummed.

Lissa said...

What a fun aunt you are! I love doing stuff like this with my nieces and nephews. Last summer we made a fort that filled the whole living room and they slept in it. I think that has to be the one thing I miss the most about being a kid.

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Looks like fun!

US