Watching Spencer Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"...Eyes, Ears, Mouth and Nose"

Joseph and I noticed last night that Spencer had some green gunk inside of his eyes, just thought it was an eye infection and planned on waiting until morning before calling the doctor about it, since it costs us $10 for every after hour phone call we make. After we put him down for the night, Spencer woke up in hysterics every 15-20 minutes, this occurred all night, He eventually ended up in our bed, which we have never done before, but it was much easier than getting out of bed every 20 minutes, til' about 5 am this morning! Joseph and I were exhausted to say the least. Joseph made an appointment with the doctor early morning, but I didn't think we needed to go, because of course now his eye didn't have discharge and he wasn't crying as often. I didn't want to see the doctor, just for her to tell me he's okay... I've already done this several times. Well, when Spencer and I arrived at the doctors office, he started crying again, there was build-up in his eye, and I was sure glad I went. The doctor said it looked like he had a cold in his nose, which he passed to his eye, which drained into his ears and caused two ear infections and he also has two eye infections. Yep, our very first ear infection! Let me tell ya, its super fun;) So, we're stuck at home for the next few days, which he will probably just use that time to hone his crawling skills:) That's another post though, once I get pictures or/and video I'll put them up. That's way more exciting to see than a crusty-faced kid:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh Spencer that is too sad. Yes he needs to stay home and get better because he is going on vacation next week. I have decided we keep pretty good in touch with this blogger thing. I love it. Way better then the facebook thing.

Lissa said...

Vacation next week is RIGHT! To my wedding....about time. Hope he gets to feeling better before you come. The only thing worse than a sick baby is TRAVELING with a sick baby.

The Dutsons said...

Amen, to the facebook comment Jenn. I'm kinda over it, I never get on it anymore. Spencer will probably be okay in about two days, except the doctor told me that since he's got all these infections, its best to give his immune system time to boost, but we should definitely be okay for next week! Me and Joe are very excited, but we always are when it comes to leaving our cares behind:)

Rachael Lippmann said...

Good luck with your first ear infection. Too bad it has to be a double. Love you!

Michael said...

when it rains it pours. it is too bad that this had to happen all at once. i'm sure that he will be fine after a few days.

Angela Brown said...

Sorry about the ear infections that stinks! We were lucky Em hasn't had one yet.... course we made up for it with a constant flow of horrid diaper rashes.... hope he feels better soon! And I know what you mean about taking him in and he's alright, it's like you don't want them to be sick but you don't really want to look stupid (again) at the doctors.

US