Watching Spencer Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Crib Problems..

Me and Joseph are starting to get permanent bags underneath our eyes! Spencer is not doing very well at night, to say the least. Ever since he has learned to roll over, we have had to get up every night, sometimes several times (one night I got up 7 times!) going into his room rolling him back over, getting his face away from the puddle of drool he has formed, calm him down with some singing, turn on the music, the sound effects, the projector, anything and everything that makes sound and images to soothe him. We then pop the binky back into his mouth and make a run for the door, sneaking out without him noticing. We slam our bodies back into bed, fall back into sleep....only an hour later, you hear the inevitable from the baby monitor.... process starts all over again! We have tried propping rolled up blankets on his sides, starting him out on his side against one side of the crib with a blanket... nothing. So, I guess we are just going to have to give in and buy a sleep positioner, hopefully there will be more calm sleepful nights in the future! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Angela Brown said...

Hey Alisoni- Just a word of advice so you don't wear yourself out around 6-8 months or whenever babies can roll themselves over both ways they are OK on their tummy. I made sure I always put Em down on her back and if she woke up crying I would roll her back over but don't worry, he's about 6 months right? Keep laying him on his back but its OK for him to be on his stomach more now because he can roll- I am assuming-. Don't worry I did the same thing for a while and than realized there was nothing I could do about it. Good luck! (This is just my experience btw, not being bossy or trying to be annoying (0= )

US